Join us and the Jewish Book Council at 1:30 p.m. EST today for what should be a fascinating Twitter Book Club with Shani Boianjiu, the author of The People of Forever Are Not Afraid. In the novel, the 25-year-old Israeli writer weaves together the compelling tale of Lea, Avishag, and Yael, three friends from a small village near the Lebanese border as they begin their service in the Israel Defense Forces.
Before our chat, don’t miss:
• Jacob Silverman’s Culture Kvetch column about Boianjiu’s novel and the unique challenges of being a successful young writer.
• The Jewish Book Council’s review of The People of Forever Are Not Afraid.
• Boianjiu’s three blog posts for the Jewish Book Council’s Visiting Scribe series.
• Boianjiu’s New Yorker fiction, published this summer.
• The Jewish Book Council’s contemporary Israeli literature book list.