Arts & Culture
Jewcy Zeitgeist: Seacrest Comes Back, Voodoo Rituals, and Great Britain Taksies Backsies to Israel
Here are today’s top stories in no particular order: The Sotomayer hearings have begun and The New York Times is live-blogging here. The body of a New York City cleaning woman was found in an air duct in the building she … Read More
Here are today’s top stories in no particular order:
- The Sotomayer hearings have begun and The New York Times is live-blogging here.
- The body of a New York City cleaning woman was found in an air duct in the building she cleaned. Her crucifix was found duct taped to her lips.
- Great Britain has revoked five licenses for arms exports to Israel after reevaluating use of arms provided by Britain in the Gaza War earlier this year.
- A home invasion in Florida has ended in tragedy after a pregnant woman was shot and killed. Her baby was delivered and lived on a respirator for two hours before dying at the hospital.
- American Idol host Ryan Seacrest has renegotiated his contract and is coming back for the next three years for an additional $45 million. Damn it. Bring back Dunkleman, he was cuter.
- Sad news came over the weekend as a Gulf Coast couple was slain in their home as their SIXTEEN children slept. The couple adopted twelve children with developmental disabilities. They may have actually been saints. Arrests have been made, but there is no word on motive yet.
- Voodoo takes South Jersey and kills an Arkansas woman seeking to be cleansed. Enough said. Haven’t they learned from Law & Order reruns that Voodoo cleansing and exorcisms always end in death?