Arts & Culture
Jewcy Zeitgeist: More Shady Shit In Russia, Obama Keeps It Real and Axl Rose Finally Delivers
Stuff happens, even on the weekend somtimes… Chinese Democracy is reality (the album, not the concept). Doctors at Maywood University are doing tests to determine whether taking Viagra can give athletes an unfair advantage in competition. The Presidents of Georgia … Read More
Stuff happens, even on the weekend somtimes…
- Chinese Democracy is reality (the album, not the concept).
- Doctors at Maywood University are doing tests to determine whether taking Viagra can give athletes an unfair advantage in competition.
- The Presidents of Georgia and Poland claim to have been shot at near the Russian-South Ossetian border on Sunday; Russia denies both of their claims.
- In the "Irrelevance of the Church" department, the Vatican has officially forgiven John Lennon for joking that the Beatles were "Bigger than Jesus." It’s a shame Lennon isn’t around to laugh about how stupid this is.
- President-Elect Obama is expected to formally announce his economic team today.
- Obama has apparently not been to church since winning the election. Awesome.
- A city in Spain is putting a cemetery to real-life use, as host to energy-generating solar panels.
- White-collar crime’s A-list is preparing for the traditional end-of-term pardoning spree as George W. Bush’s term in office winds down.
- Eight Israeli teenagers, all immigrants from former Soviet nations, have been given prison sentences for various violent and anti-social neo-Nazi hijinx in Tel Aviv.
- Pakistan has requested a $7.6 billion loan from the IMF to help shore up its ailing economy.
- Parent company NBC-Universal laid off about 10% of The Weather Channel’s workforce.
- Colorado Municipal Judge Paul Sacco continues to sentence noise violators to have to listen to music they don’t like. Says Sacco, when asked what kind of music the sentences consist of: "Most kids don’t want to hear somebody like Glenn Close trying to sing opera."