Arts & Culture
Jewcy Zeitgeist: Earthquake Hits Italy, Underwood Sweeps CMAs, and Man Tries to Beat Demons Out of Son
Here are today’s top stories in no particular order: An earthquake has hit Italy, leaving at least 92 dead and over 1500 wounded. The earthquake – with a magnitude of 6.3 – hit the city center of L’Aquila, northeast of Rome. Tents … Read More
Here are today’s top stories in no particular order:
- An earthquake has hit Italy, leaving at least 92 dead and over 1500 wounded. The earthquake – with a magnitude of 6.3 – hit the city center of L’Aquila, northeast of Rome. Tents are being setup to house to house the thousands that have been displaced.
- A Texas man has been arrested and held on a $100,000 bond after allegedly trying to beat a demon out of his three-year-old son. The boy was transported to the hospital for skull fractures but is expected to survive. The man can face up to 99 years in jail.
- Japan is planning a $100 billion stimulus to help aid its economy through difficult times. Japan currently faces its worst recession since World War II.
- The new CEO of General Motors has said that bankruptcy is an option, but inevitable, and he will spend 100% of his time making changes in the company.
- Carrie Underwood took home the Entertainer of the Year award at last night’s Country Music Awards. She also won Top Female Vocalist for the second year running. Both awards are thought to signal a change in the country music industry, as Taylor Swift took home the prize for Album of the Year.
- Senator John Kerry will be taking a rare trip to Darfur, the first diplomatic visit to Sudan since 2007.
- A Washington man whose wife was about to leave him sought revenge by killing their five children. The children, aged 7-16, were found Saturday in their mobile home southeast of Tacoma not long after their father was found in an idling car with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.