Arts & Culture
Jewcy Zeitgeist: Freddie Mac Exec Hangs, Maine to Support Gay Marriage, and Turbulence Causes Paralysis
Here are today’s top stories in no particular order: The acting CFO of Freddie Mac was found dead in his Vienna, Virginia home this morning, the victim of an apparent suicide by hanging. The battle between Miss California and Perez Hilton rages on … Read More
Here are today’s top stories in no particular order:
- The acting CFO of Freddie Mac was found dead in his Vienna, Virginia home this morning, the victim of an apparent suicide by hanging.
- The battle between Miss California and Perez Hilton rages on as Americans continue to be outraged by her statement that marriage should be between a man and a woman.
- Maine has introduced legislation to recognize gay marriage. Backed by 60 co-sponsors, the bill was presented by Senator Dennis Damon. Governor John Baldacci initially disapproved of the bill, but now says he’s keeping an open mind.
- Hugh Jackman has added his handprints to the walk of fame outside of Grauman’s Chinese Theater in Hollywood yesterday. He called it a "very humbling moment."
- President Obama has announced that he will be meeting with the leaders of Afghanistan and Pakistan in May. This is part of his effort to stabilize the region against terrorism.
- Japan is suffering from its first trade deficit since 1980 as exports fell over 16% last year.
- A woman who disobeyed orders to remain in her seat during a turbulent flight is now paralyzed after being jostled in the airplane bathroom and breaking both her neck and her back. Doctors have said she suffered the same injuries as the late Christopher Reeve and that it’s unclear if she will ever walk again.